It's been over a year since I have even looked at this! To be honest, I feel like I have actually grown up in that time. Well, not completely, I will never grow up completely, that would be no fun! In evidence of my 'grown-up-ness', I am actually not writing about silly boys or any of that stuff. However, I do find myself sitting at home eating an ice cream wishing I had someone close to me that I could talk to. So of course, I am turning to the internet!! All the people out there who really don't care but are wasting time wandering around I salute you!
I suppose I should provide a brief update. I am back in New Zealand, permanently now, I finally got my residency :) I am working for the government, counting fish and writing lots of papers about exciting strategic planning stuff that I really don't care about. The fish stuff makes it all worth it though, and for the most part I enjoy my job.
Still playing soccer, the outdoor season is over, we got third this season and I got most valuable player at the end of the season! (still not sure I'd agree but not much I can do...) We have now moved into playing futsal, a Brasilian style indoor game that is very fast-paced and requires skill and good passing. VERY fun to play, although it can be frustrating. We've been playing for about 2 years now and are pretty used to playing together. We have a National tournament coming up this weekend and have recruited a few extras to help us survive the 3 games on saturday and 2 on sunday. I must admit that it is frustrating to have people who aren't used to playing futsal, and some of us are very intent on winning this tournament!!
4 days after the futsal tournament I am currently scheduled to have a laparoscopic myomectomy performed in a private hospital. I am getting more and more nervous as it approaches and I read more into it and stress about getting approval from the insurance company! I am desperately hoping that I hear from them tomorrow so that I can send in all the forms that the hospital needs for admission and start making my final preparations for who's going to look after me when I'm trapped in bed and a bit of a mess!
I also started doing more research today and found some medical sites that give me all sorts of stats and details about the procedure I have planned. Apparently 10% of the time they end up having to make a big cut rather than just using the robotic pieces, and 1/128 they have to remove the whole uterus. That would be a problem!!!!! And I would be, well, totally gutted! I suppose I technically could also die, but tbh, if that happened I wouldn't care cuz I'd be dead.
I also discovered that I'm not meant to have any sex for like 4-6 weeks afterwards, which, given the current situation doesn't seem like it will be an issue, but I totally know that because it's not allowed, some kind of amazing opportunity will present itself, Murphy's Law, ya know?
Anyways, I suppose that's enough ranting and I feel a little better about it, having put it out on the internet for everyone else to read! Now I'm going to go resume my fetal position sleeping habit and hope that I can sleep without disturbing dreams. Honestly, the dreams have been in hyper mode lately... from me finding people who have hung themselves to crying because my desk at work got moved (these are dreams, not reality), all sorts of work related people involved and strange situations. I think I dreamt that I was gonna have my surgery and they couldn't find my uterus. I mean, really!
So here's hoping that the sleep thing works out for me tonight!
Chur
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great that u write again. hope ur surgery went well. happy new year, alex
Post a Comment